Module 2: Proper use of the P-Card (continued)
The P-Card SHALL NOT BE USED for the following:
- Gift cards - Only gift cards or gift certificates that can be used to purchase one specific item are allowable if de minimis (annual cumulative value of $100 or less provided to an individual over a calendar year) and must fulfill a reasonable and necessary business purpose to carry out the mission of the University. IMPORTANT: Transaction notes must include the recipient name and specific purchase item. Restaurant gift cards are not allowed. Also, all gift card purchases must be reported to the Payroll Office and transaction notes must include a comment that the information has been reported to the Payroll Office.
- Personal purchases
- Non-University purchases (purchases made with the intention of reimbursing the University)
- Gifts to students
- Cash advances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Travel related expenses (except conference registrations with U.S vendors which are allowed)
- Guests & entertainment (except for catering orders through CaterTrax http://www.bayloruniversitycatering.catertrax.com and approved Off Campus Caterers http://www.baylor.edu/cem/ and other expenses listed on the Accounting Code Reference Guide at http://www.baylor.edu/procurement/purchasing/doc.php/201460.pdf )
- Payments for services which require signed, contractual agreements and must be approved by the Office of General Counsel and paid with a voucher. For more information, visit The Office of General Counsel - Contract Procedures at http://www.baylor.edu/ogc/news.php?action=story&story=125795
- Payments for services, including rentals, licenses, software, conference registration fees, membership fees and maintenance agreements, from a vendor with a foreign address or from a vendor located in the United States if the vendor is not a U.S. payee.
- Printing (except for approved items listed on the Printing Procurement Office (PPO) website ordered online through Baylor's contracted vendor Alphagraphics. Please review PPO's policy at http://www.baylor.edu/printing/index.php?id=45657 before placing an order). All printing should be referred to PPO, Ext. 2621, before placing an order with an outside vendor.
- Copiers, copier parts, and copier consumables (University-wide contracts exist for these items)
- Office telephones and cellular phones (office telephones are allowed under direction of Telephone Services)
- Purchases exceeding spending limits
- Split purchases to circumvent spending limits
- For additional Disallowed Purchases listed in the Purchasing Manual, please review http://www.baylor.edu/procurement/purchasing/index.php?id=45046.
A cardholder making unauthorized purchases or carelessly using the P-card may be liable for the total dollar amount of such unauthorized purchases plus any administrative fees charged by JP Morgan in connection with the misuse. The cardholder may also be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.