Step 1: Installing AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) on your personal computer
- Go to www.aim.com and click on the "Install Now" button to install AIM 6.1 for Windows.
- A dialog box should pop up and ask you to save the file. You can save it wherever you’d like - your desktop, downloads folder, etc.
- Once you download the file, open it and let it install.
- There will be an initial install dialog box, after which it will ask you to accept the Terms of Service. Click on "I Agree" and the main installation dialog box will appear.
- When that is finished, another dialog box with further options will appear – I recommend choosing NEITHER of the options, as they will just clutter up your internet browser. Click "Continue"
- The installation is now complete. Click the "Launch" button, which will pop up in a new dialogue box.