1. What do you think caused your problem?
2. Do you have an explanation for why it started when it did?
3. What does your sickness do to you; how does it work?
4. How severe is your sickness? How long do you expect it to last?
5. What problems has your sickness caused you?
6. What do you fear about your sickness?
7. What kind of treatment do you think you should receive?
8. What are the most important results you hope to receive from this treatment?
*Adapted from Tripp Reimer, T., Brink, P.J., and Saunders, J.M. (1984). Cultural asessment: Content and process. Nursing Outlook. 32(2), 78 82.
Top OR Back to Asian Health